Back to the Home page
It's the responsibility of the property developer, owner, or landlord to obtain an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). They will need to find an accredited EPC Assessor to survey their property portfolio and produce the certificate.

The format of this assessment involves reviewing floor plans, carrying out a survey of the building, constructing a computer based energy model, making recommendations and registering the certificate with the Government's online database.

Failure to provide an EPC can result in a fine of 12.5% of the rateable value of the building up to a maximum of £5,000. Enforcement is the responsibility of local Trading Standards departments.